Thursday, August 9, 2012

Catch up? Haha :) That would take hours, and my bedtime was 4 minutes ago :)

So much has happened since my last post, and I keep thinking that life is going to slow down, and I will have massive amounts of time to do whatever I want...like blog! ha. Not happening so far.

I have had loads of fun and excitement this summer with a trip to my big sis's wedding in Seattle; camping and hiking with my lil fam; some precious time spent with the in-laws in June, then a not-so-happy trip back to the in-laws to say farewell to my mom-in-law; went to Star Valley just last week to see my lil bros and sister, and had some awesome catch-up time with my dear cousin Terynn; took all the kiddos swimming at Bear Lake; am in the middle of teaching my 2nd set of workshops at the theater; AAAAND Delia started pre-school!!! GAH! Welcome to my crazy summer. lol

I was doing some reading and studying for my talk this Sunday and came across this gem by Prophet Joseph F. Smith, I think from 1911. Played with the fonts a little bit, and printed it out to frame as an everyday reminder. It hit me really hard. I get angry way too often. I'm not as kind as I should be. I don't sigh and let it go enough. I yell too much. I forget that patience is a virtue...and a necessary one to be a great mother. I know some of my issues are learned behaviors, stemming from the way my parents treated me, but I also believe in my ability to change myself, to create new and improved methods of living and reacting. My goal is to memorize this, so that I can repeat it to myself instead of getting angry. Love. There is no replacement. And there is no excuse.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being real! I am totally the same way b/c of learned behaviors. It is hard to unlearn, but we can do hard things :) Thanks for the quote! I am sure that your girls know how deeply you love them. I have seen you with Delia and I could feel it.

    ReplyDelete